Welcome to the Second Stop on the Dream World Book 1 Blog Tour.
Here’s a little information on the book itself.
Dream World. Book 1
By SJ Hitchcock
Genre: YA Romance
Due out: September 20, 2013
Publisher: Freaky Fiction Writing
Debbie who witnesses the death of her mother, and uses her dreams as a way to escape the
real world. Where she feels safe and loved, in Joshua Lawson’s arms, the guy from her favourite
TV show Victor, and from her favourite poster above her bed.
Karen is ignored by all her family, she really just wants to be loved by them, and takes out
her anger on her former best friend, Debbie and anyone who gets in her way.
Lastly, Mark whose shipped off to the UK to live, while his parents are on tour for the next
year. And Mark has always lived in the shadow of his cousin.
I interviewed SJ Hitchcock for this stop. Let’s hear what she had to say:
- What is you name (or pen name) and where are you from? – S.J.Hitchcock
- Tell us a little bit about yourself. – I am a full time mother, to four children, and live with partner, our children, our three dogs, two cats and chickens. I work part-time in a local pre-school, term time only, when I am not taking care of my family, working or running the house. You can find me on my computer writing. I always keep my ideas book with me; you never know when an idea may come to you. So I am able to jot it down whenever I need to.
- What made you want to become an author? – I have always has a passion for books since I was a teen, and one day I thought I could do that, and wrote one of my first stories.
- Who are some of favorite authors? Why? Sarah Dessen, just love her style, and the way she hooks me in. I also love Sarah Webb, again she is a talented writer. A new author who inspired me to get my work out there, has to be Tracie Puckett, I adore her books. I first found her on Smashwords.
- What is the book you are currently ready and by whom? Are you enjoying it? It’s by a lady called Cat Lavoie, the book is called Breaking the Rules. I am, I have only read at present the first three chapters, but like it a lot so far.
- What is your favorite genre to read and write? – Romance.
- Who do you consider mentors when it comes to your own particular writing style? – Again it has to be Tracie, she has proved that authors like myself can make it.
- Now, about your novel, what is it about? Its follows the life of three teens, Debbie witnesses her mother’s death, and to cope daydreams about Joshua Lawson, the guy from the poster above her bed. Her best friend, Wendy attempts to keep her grounded. Karen is now known as the school bully, but she has her reasons. Her family ignore her, and all she wants is to be loved by them. She takes out all her anger out on her formed best friend, Debbie. Lastly we throw Mark Hobson into the mix, an American boy who is sent to live with his grandparents for the next year while his parents are on tour. He has lived his whole life in the shadow of his famous cousin. Who is an actor and a singer, and loved by his parents and fans alike.
- Is it a standalone or part of a series? At present, it is only a two book series, but during the editing process of book two, I had a few ideas for another one or two books.
- What are you currently working on? Right now, I am currently writing a Christmas story, for an anthology.
- In your own books, who is your favorite character? You least favorite? Even though this character is not in my YA book, I have to admit I loved creating Gina, in Money Matters, an adult book I have as a WIP, and Zoe, also in another WIP novel.
- Which of your books do you like the best that you have written? I am going to have to say all them. I love them all, very passionate about all my books.
- What type of habits do you have when writing? –I do like to have all my things organized, but one habit I have and I don’t think it’s a bad one. I like to keep all my files, every new draft has its own file.
- How do you handle criticism? – I think the first time anyone suggested my writing needed work, I was horrified, only for about an hour. I sat down, looked at it again, with the notes I had taken from the writing group I had attended, and was like, they’re right. That is how my current novel grew, and in my opinion improved so much.
- What tips do you give young aspiring authors out there? – People say write every day, I agree with that. I suggest keeping a notebook with you at all times, you never know when an idea may come to you. Also, if a book does not seem to be working for you, don’t chuck it or delete it, file it. Leave it for a while, even a year. Then if it still does not feel like you still can’t write it, just leave it there, because you never know, that one day, it may just click. I keep every piece I write, good or bad. One last tip, if you cannot afford a writing class, join a local writing group.
- If you could hang out with any characters ever written who would it be? From what work (list title and author)? This is a hard one, okay, but this may be a little sad, I love all the Harry Potter books, I think it would have to be Hermione. I loved her in the books, and would just love to spend a day at the castle with her. Of course, we all know, this book is by J.K Rowling.
- If you could dine with anyone in the world, who would it be? Explain. Gosh, who would it be, I think that is a really hard question, but I have recently begun to watch her, and she is so funny, makes me a laugh every time, Miranda Hart.
- If you could hang out with any author, who would it be? Why? There are so many out there, but again actually I think J.K Rowling would be someone I could sit and enjoy a large mug of tea and a slice of cake.
- What do you do for fun when you are not writing? I love crafting, and make homemade cards. I love my blending pens, I can spend hours colouring in the stamps ready to be placed onto cards.
- Any last words for your fans? For those who download and read my book, all I can say is a huge thank you. I really hope you enjoy it.
That was SJ Hitchcock ladies and gentleman. Give her a big round of applause.
Here is a little more info about her:
Sarah Hitchcock was born in Norfolk, in a small town called
Kings Lynn. She always was a keen reader, and one day decided
to attempt to write her own, and never looked back. Today she
has many novels in various stages of editing and re-writing. Her
current WIP, is in the final stages of editing, and will be out later
this year as an ebook.
After finishing high school and then training to work with
children, Sarah started her first job. She currently works as a preschool teacher.
Sarah has four children, and three dogs, and a partner who has had
to put up with her rambling on about all her WIP’s.
She recalls spending hours thinking about her characters and their
storylines. To this day, she often falls asleep thinking about where
she can take new and old characters.
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/sarah.hitchcock.963
Twitter – https://twitter.com/daydreamer1977
Blog – http://daydreamer1977.blogspot.co.uk/
Here are some places where you can buy the book as of today!