Part 2 of the interview with Will MacMillan Jones.
Any fun facts about you that we do not know?
OK: I was one of the first people in the UK to fly a Hang Glider at night. That possibly tells you as much about me as you ever need to know! I also do some performance poetry around South Wales and was once almost drowned by a Scout Leader. Entirely accidentally, he claimed. The performance poetry came a lot later, so that wasn’t to blame. Nor was the stand up comedy work. Continue reading
This is Will MacMillan Jones’ Top Ten Sci-Fi Books / Movies…
- Blade Runner (Do Androids Dream of electric sheep) Actually this probably should come first.
- Alien Ridley Scott does with camera angles and lighting what other directors need a million special effects to achieve. And still does it better.
- Lord Of The Rings Trilogy
- Wild – I know it isn’t fantasy, but being able to walk that trail IS my fantasy, OK?
- The Hobbit
- The Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy
- Red Dwarf My target audience…
- Stardust Gaiman. Enough said.
- The Prisoner of Azkhaban For me, this was the best of the HP books and the best adaptation too.
- The Rocky Horror Motion Picture Show. How did I leave this until last???
Publisher: Red Kite Publishing Limited
Release Date: August 23, 2014
“Tolkien Meets Spinal Tap!” More speculative fiction from The Banned Underground collection: Grizelda the off-white witch is forced to speculate about her future in fiction when the Dark Lord tempts her with his cookies, and threatens her with eviction from her cottage if she doesn’t join The Dark Side.
Tempted, Grizelda sets off on a journey of self-discovery, but whatever is she likely to find, apart of course from a few frogs?
Is it Good to be Bad? Or is it Bad to be Good? Or could there be a Third Way? Frogs, Vampires, and assorted Witches all have a different view on her predicament; and the only certainty is Grizelda’s uncertainty … and the usual stream of gags, one-liners and slapstick jokes provoked by her thoughts on philosophy.
This is the first part of the interview with Will MacMillan Jones. Part 2 will show Friday.
Tell us a little about yourself for the readers.
Hi, my name’s Will and I’m an authorholic*. Yes, it would be dangerous to stop me writing, as I used to explain to my ex when she wanted the lawn mowing. Otherwise I’m a fifty something lover of blues rock and jazz who single parents a late teenage daughter (who is the reluctant subject of quite a lot of my stand up comedy…). I’m lucky enough to live in the myth and mist (well, rain, really) haunted land of Wales. I constantly walk the hills looking for dragons. No jokes about my ex here, please. When I’m not writing, I do some performance poetry and a little stand up comedy with gags taken out of my books. Yes, the jokes are that bad.
*I’m a fantasy writer, so I nicked that term from a friend. We all do it, right? Only complain if you’ve never written the word ‘Orc’. Continue reading